This post is an experiment in real time worship, songwriting and living out loud. Wrote a simple song this morning during my personal worship time. Threw it down on Quicktime Movie. Boom, now it’s up on Youtube and on this blog post.
Give Thanks to The Lord
A description of the song:
- Scripture Song of 1st Chronicles 16:8-10. This is the song David led as they brought the Ark back home to David’s Tabernacle.
- A Call to Worship
- It’s antiphonal – the Leader sings a line, theÂ People sing it back
- It’s Davidic, that is, trying to lead the people in the heart and manner of David
- Musically the E minor tonality is intended to hint at a Jewish flavor
- At the end of the video I demonstrate some simple ways to flow into the next song
Here’s a Lyric / Chord Chart: Give Thanks To The Lord
Two questions for you:
- Would you write and post this fast, or wait and give it more time ?
- Is the song and video helpful to you?