Simple, rockin’ and wholehearted describes today’s Contemporary Worship service atÂ Hendersonville First United Methodist Church. Our drummer Isaac Hall and bassist Curtis Anderson were tight and laying it down, it was a joy to rock with them. The rest of team was “on”, the congregation was engaged, Â and we really enjoyed worshiping God together.
Hereâ€™s the worship recap.
- O Taste and See
- During the music intro, we vamped on a D chord while reciting Psalm 136 call & response style with the congregation declaring “His love endures forever”
- Our God
- Mighty To Save
- We repeated the second verse as a personal prayerÂ
- (Take me as you find me / all my fears and failures/ fill my life again / I give my life to follow /everything I believe in / now I surrender )
- Holy Holy Holy (hymn, modern arrangement R. Still)
- This arrangement simplifies and strips out the passing chords.
- Message: The Lord’s Prayer: Our FatherÂ (Don Hutchison)
- As It Is In HeavenÂ (Matt Maher)
- We slowed this down quite a bit for a more reflective tone.
- Hold Us TogetherÂ (Matt Maher)
This post is part of theÂ Worship CommunityÂ Sunday SetÂ list roundup. See what other communities are doing here:Â http://www.theworshipcommunity.com/sunday-setlists-187/
By the way worship friends, have you seen my interview with Anthony Skinner, author of the Worship SmartBook?Â It’s filled with practical and often profound insights for worship leaders and their teams. I highly recommend it.
You can download a free chapter and enter a drawing to win a copy of the book. Â Just subscribe to my newsletter here:
Â Question: What was happening in your worship world this weekend? See you in the comments!