A very active Holy Week concluded with three packed out Resurrection Sunday services at Hendersonville First United Methodist church.
It was the first service back in the beautiful renovated sanctuary, after an 8 week restoration project. I’ve accepted the role of interim Director of Music and Worship, and this was my first experience leadingÂ in the sanctuary. The Contemporary Service remains in the gym.
It was glorious day.
Contemporary Service (10:45am)
- Christ The Lord is Risen Today
- A New Anointing – A Capella version featuring the Adult Choir
- My Savior Lives
- The Apostles Creed (Reading)
- Who Shall I Fear?
- Message:Â Let The Celebration Begin (Don Hutchison)
- Just As I Am / How He Loves (hymn mashup)
- Love Is Here (special music featuring Brent Anderson)
- Hold Us Together
Traditional Service (8:15)
We were honored to have John G. Elliott accompany us on piano and sing his song “Embrace The Cross.”
- Christ The Lord Is Risen Today – preocessional
- Oh Come Let Us Adore Him – chorus
- Embrace The Cross – special music performed by John G. Elliott
- Up From The Grave
- A New Anointing – A Capella version Choir Anthem
- He Lives!
There were services involving music everyday of Holy Week, it was a very busy 7 days from Palm Sunday to Easter Sunday!
Ivalene and I really enjoyed teaming up and working together. Not only did she help direct the choir for both services, but she played piano on Maundy Thursday, led the choir and sang a duet on my version of Old Rugged Cross for Good Friday, and helped the youth choir at the 9:30 Easter family service.
This post is part of theÂ Worship Community Sunday Setlists, see what others are doing here http://www.theworshipcommunity.com/sunday-setlists-245/
Coming oh so very soon! The first in my new worship e-book series.Â