This post is part of the Worship Community Sunday set lists.
This weekend I was a guest guitarist/singer under the leadership of Jennifer Martin at Redeemer Church/Nashville. It’s refreshing to support a leader and not be the leader, not to mention a much lighter workload! As every worship leader knows, planning a worship set, communicating with the team and preparing music is a lot of work.
We had a simple set-up with piano, perc, and me on guitar. Also on the team were 2 pre-teens – one on guitar/vox and one featured vocalist. They sounded great and we had a lot of fun. Below is the set list. Although it may seem like a lot of titles, this is a liturgical service. It goes by pretty fast. The entire service is about 75 minutes.
- Alleluia Alleluia (Beethoven)
- Sing For Joy (Lamont Heibert)
- Psalm 16:Keep Me Safe Oh God (John Foley Hoffert, Martin)
- Around The Throne (Julie Meyer)
- It Is Well (Hymn: Spafford, Bliss)
- The Risen Christ (Phil Maderia, Keith Getty) (Great song!)
- Our Father (Jill Phillips, Andy Gullahorn) (Great song!)
- Faithful Men (Twilla Paris)
- Lamb of God (Jewitt, Hardy, Lefevre)
- Bread of Life
- Blessed Be Your Name (Redmon)
This post is part of the Sunday Setlist blog carnival at The Worship Community.