In this video IÂ do a quick summary of some key ideas from the introductory posts in the “Practical Theology of Worship” series.Â These posts were quite extensive but based on two very simple premises.Â I hope these comments on camera are helpful to understand the big picture and wrap it up.
Some conclusions from the post Everybody Worships, All The Time :
1. From personal, anthropological, and contemporary cultural observation there seems to be a propensity for people to worship. Â
2. One of our roles as worship leaders is to help people unlock that desireÂ for “worship to come out” and be expressed in our worship environments (the worship service).
Some conclusions from the post What’s Your Story :
1. Everyone lives out of some kind of defining narrative or story.
2. One of our roles as worship leaders is to help people see their personal story connected to God’s story.
3. God invites us to be part of His story and when we do, we make History.Â