Introduction to An Epic Blog Series
Welcome to the landing page for my on-going series “Practical Theology of Worship” ! I’m glad you’re here!
I’ve been teaching and living this material for over six years.Â The feedback I’ve consistently received from the live events affirms my passion to get this message, this point of view, this framework out there to people.
Basically, we’re exploring “what does the Bible has to say about worship?” What is essential, what is not? This has been a 20+ hour course taught all over the world.Â In this series I’ll riff around the major themes and try not to use an instructional, lecture tone. There are some video elements too.
Here’s the outline, but I will fill it in non-linearly, as the topics may be discussed non-sequentially.
- Why Is Theology of Worship Important?
- Video Invitation: What Does The Bible Have To Say About Worship?Â
- Everybody Worships, All the time.
- What’s Your Story?
- What Is Worship? 3 Organizing Scriptures
- Personal Worship
- Worship â€“ Formal Definitions
- Corporate Worship: 7 Big Ideas of Biblical Worship
- Worship is Trinitarian: The Trinity, The Beatles and Love Love Love
- Worship is Christo-centric
- The Holy Spirit is Alive and Well and Bigger Than Our Boxes
- Patterns & Rhythms
- Actions & Attitudes
- We Remember & Anticipate (Ancient / Future)
- Resource: Names & Titles of God
- Resource: Attributes of God
- Worship Book Recommendations
- Illustration : Tabernacle /Temple
- Illustration: OT Worship Expressions
- This will be an extensive series with several posts â€¦
- And Iâ€™ll be sharing more of my story as we go.
- What does the Bible have to say about worship?
- Whatâ€™s important to God in worship?
- What are His objectives and priorities?
- How can a deeper understanding of Godâ€™s intentions for worship lead to a more wholehearted response?
- More importantly, how can this change our lives, and help change the world?
An overview helps us gain perspective of the ultimate purposes and meaning of worship. We see how these themes relate and interact with one another. We also become aware of gaps in our understanding and gain clearer thinking or insights.Â This understanding can help shape our life expression of worship to be more powerfully in sync with â€œspirit and truthâ€.
Weâ€™ll look deeply at Who God is, His identity; who we are, our identity and how we are to relate to God. When we do this, I believe:
- Our spirits are awakened and enlivened
- Our heartâ€™s capacity will expand and grow
- We will know and love God more deeply
- Our lives will be a whole lot happierÂ
If you have any particular questions or areas you’d like to see discussed, just let me know in the comments. Thanks for reading and joining the dialogue!